What is it?
ExpureLED Mask Disinfection Station is a UVC LED box scientifically engineered to blast masks with pathogen-killing waves of light. Simply hang your N95 or hospital surgical mask to be disinfected on the top-mounted hook, close the door and fire up the 24 supercharged UVC LEDs! Recent study performed by top-ranked Georgia Tech Research Institute found ExpureLED to be 99.9% effective at knocking out the tested pathogens. Fully RoHS compliant, ExpureLED does not contain mercury or any other harmful or hazardous materials.
- Simple, one-button operation, no training required
- Effectively wipes out viruses and bacteria in 60 seconds
- Can be used in any healthcare facility: hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care clinics, doctor’s offices and nursing homes
- Compact enough to complement and efficiently integrate with any healthcare work setup
- Industry-leading power from 24 LEDs combined with our specialized, highly reflective lining, maximizes reflective killing power of UVC rays
- Safely utilizes more UVC LED lights than competing products and does not contain hazardous materials that might be found in germicidal fluorescent tubes (RoHS compliant)
Objective: To determine the antimicrobial efficacy of LED-based UV light on various PPE materials including facemasks.
- Challenge organism
- Treatment exposure
I. Facemask material
A. Certified N95 mask
B. Disposable surgical masks
II. Challenge organism (4 bacterial strains)
A. 2-gram positive bacterial species
i. SA: Staphylococcus aureus subsp. aureus
Rosenbach (ATCC® 6538™)
ii. BA: Bacillus atrophaeus (ATCC® 9372™))
B. 2-gram negative bacterial species
i. EC: Escherichia coli (ATCC 25922™)
ii. PA: Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC®
III. Treatment exposure
- 60 seconds = one cycle (actually 66 seconds exposure)
- 120 seconds = two cycles (actually 132 sec exposure)
- 180 seconds = three cycles (actually 198 sec exposure)
- Plug into AC power.
- Open door
- Insert object to be disinfected.
- Close door and latch. Red LED should light.
- Depress Start Switch. All 24 green LEDs should light. When green LEDs extinguish, remove treated object.